Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Trip to London

A few weeks ago, I headed to London to see my friend Stephanie. Stephanie and I were roommates are senior year at Greenville College. Besides being roommates, we also took a trip together in 1998 to England, Ireland, Scotland and Whales. Stephanie and Jen, another friend from college, were on a holiday to France and then came over to London.

We had great plans to see all kinds of things, but it rained and rained and then it rained some more. So we were limited to inside activities. So we headed to Harrods. Harrods is a very famous department store in London. It is the largest department store in the world. It sits on 4.5 acres and is over one million square feet and has 330 different departments. It has a food hall that has everything from fine chocolates to sushi.


After Harrods we headed to Notting Hill, which is a unique part of London. We had dinner and then I caught the train back to Cambridge.

A picture of Harrods.

At the Harrods Cafe.

A row of houses in London


The pizza place in Notting Hill. They had great pizza.
Yes, the pizza is stored in the car.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Glad you met up with Stephanie in London. I remember you talking a lot about Stephanie. If I remember right, you and Stephanie had a lot of "fun" in college.:>) Am I right? I sure enjoy your blog and check it several times a week. Shelly and Drew came for a 10 day visit. Drew had a great time: combines, tractors, big trucks, Papa's red truck, etc. Christine