This week we experienced a new thing. The apartment complex we live in has all nationalities including Malaysians, Chinese, Indians, Israelis, Jordanians, Brasilians, British and us, the Americans. On Tuesday, it was Rosh Hashanah, which is the Jewish New Year. My new friend Daniella, is Jewish. She brought us a plate symbolizing their new year. It had honey bread, honey, apples and pomegranate. Typically they would dip their apples in the honey as a symbol of a sweet year. The pomegranate is a symbol of fertility. Jon and I had no idea what a pomegranate was or what to do with it, so we looked it up on Wikipedia. It says that have them in the US, but I don't ever remember seeing them. I took a picture of the inside of one, but found this one on the Internet that is much prettier than mine.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment