Returning from Kumi, Jon stopped and took this picture of a Jinja tea field.
Last Saturday, we were blessed to have the family of Rev. Charles Elobu in our home. We had a great time of fellowship, laughter and a good American feast of Sloppy Joes. Charles and his family minister in an area called Acholi Quarter. This area is populated by a few thousand displaced Acholi from Northern Uganda.
The last couple of days have been interesting. It started Sunday night with a huge storm. We woke up with rain pouring into our bedroom, needing to close the shutters on our windows. As we were doing that, a big bolt of lightening hit very close, in fact I saw orange outside as Jon was battling to get the shutters closed. The next morning when I went out, I saw that the banana trees just in front our our house were struck.

No comments:
Post a Comment