Monday, January 7, 2008

A trip to the pool

On New Year's Day we decided to head to the pool. Kiah had been asking us about the Africa pool since we left Wilmore. Here are some pictures of things we saw along the way and also some of the kids.

These are soda crates. I remember them as a child. They do have cans of soda here, however they are expensive.
It is incredible what an Ugandan can carry on their heads.



This is a bag of charcoal. I thought as a child riding with no hands meant I had conquered riding a bike. Once I saw what an Ugandan can do with a bicycle, I realized I wasn't so good after all.

Recently, it has been really warm. Playing in this tub has become an afternoon activity. Also since we only have a shower this tub also serves as the bath tub at night.

No comments: