Thursday, January 24, 2008

Around Town

This has been the most time consuming blog, I started it 3 hours and 15 minutes ago. The internet here has a mind of its own. I think I have been kicked off at least 30 times. But, finally I have all the pictures loaded. Last Saturday, Jon and his boda-friend James, took a tour of the city. Jon took about 550 pictures. Here are just a few.

Kiah goes on her first boda ride

Every day, this woman roasts corn down the road from us.

A man hauling wood on his bicycle.
Here is a good picture of how builders place scafolding around a given structure. Click on it to get a better view.

The green banana's are called Amatooke. When roasted, they taste a lot like potatoes. The man walking by is trying to sell the clothing he is carrying on his head.

A furniture store and graphic printer in the same building.

Carrying 3 foam mattresses down Kampala road, the busiest road in the city.

A local grocery store and fruit market.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Shelly

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the rest of the picutres!! I am so proud of you Jon, I would love to meet you family.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! They have 'taken' me back to Uganda...can't wait to catch up when you return!
~Mindy for all