To see how much you actually read the blog or just look at the pictures, here is a question. Post a comment if you know the answer. This is a picture of our stove with an oven. What do the English call the stove part, that is the part with the burners?
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Our new home
Here are some pictures of our new home and of Cambridge. I will be posting more things tomorrow, we just got our internet hooked up today.
Our flat is the first floor on the left. They number floors differently here. We were told that we would have a 1st floor flat. When we got here we learned that 1st floor is actually the first level up. What we call the first floor they call the ground. We should have asked for a ground level flat.
The kitchen.
To see how much you actually read the blog or just look at the pictures, here is a question. Post a comment if you know the answer. This is a picture of our stove with an oven. What do the English call the stove part, that is the part with the burners?
To see how much you actually read the blog or just look at the pictures, here is a question. Post a comment if you know the answer. This is a picture of our stove with an oven. What do the English call the stove part, that is the part with the burners?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jennnifer,
I don't have any idea what they call the stove, but I will guess "the burner."
Christine
cooktop?
So glad to see that you made it. We look forward to keeping in touch through your blog. We are anxious to hear all about life in cambridge. The kids are really fascinated about knowing someone who is now living in another country. Take care and best of luck. Jennifer I feel for you with no car and groceries. We saw people in Chicago this summer bringing their groceries on the subways. Can you imagine me doing that with all the groceries I buy? I guess it would teach you to only buy the essentials! No extras.
I called my buddy Jon in Colorado (an annoying Brit... he, he) and as usual was unable to help out. He guessed "range" but that sounds more Texan (where he used to live) than English. My guess "cook top."
Blessings
COOKER!
I consulted our local international community. Our second boy from London arrives this weekend.
Sarah B
Post a Comment